Pont Neuf and Ile de la Cite

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh Holy Night! 46 hours and counting! Am I packed?

Once again, I begin by blaming my mother - LOL Actually it should rest on Angela's shoulder's. Those of you who are family will understand this reference - I hope. :-)

Here I sit, multitasking - streaming Jimmy Fallon's excellent show from last night - the whole hour was with "The Boss" Bruce Springsteen. Thanks Felice, I would have never known. Thank goodness for FB, another place where I'm whiling away the hours like I have an unlimited amount at my disposal. WTH is wrong with me?!

Crap! I need to pack! It's not that I'm not anxious or excited. Believe me - I am! It's just, why be so organized and relaxed when you could fly by the seat of your pants, run around like a chicken with it's head cut-off tomorrow. Sorry, that's not really a nice visual.

Anyhoo - I bought a new pair of jeans tonight at the mall. I'm officially old - I bought a pair of Not Your Daughter's Jeans, except I referred to them as Not My Mother's Jeans. Hey, they do the trick - and it's quite a trick to make my "Smith Booty" look presentable these days. I was at the mall shopping for a new top, blouse, etc for the big Jim Haynes dinner on Sunday.

What's the Jim Haynes dinner you ask? Hmmm...some of you know, but I'm going to make the rest of you wait a bit. I'll tell you on Sunday morning, when I'm good and excited (or nervous, or both).


Okay - it's 11:30pm I need to go to bed AND I need to read 4 new book proposals by tomorrow morning. Hmmm, that's going to be a challenge. Until tomorrow...I hope you stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, I'm a train ride away and never really had the desire to go to Paris. Looking forward to your take.

    ... and if you need a diversion, 'All Shook Up' is running from the 24th-27th. You could see me do my thing on the Thursday/Saturday matinee and be back at the Marais for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were up too late talking to me! Safe travels!! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete