Pont Neuf and Ile de la Cite

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Arrived safely on Saturday evening - Internet...not so much

Well, this has been quite the adventure so far!

Not a big fan of a 12 hour flight - note to self, make that East Coast stop next time, it does a body good. I arrived Saturday, late afternoon, weary and happy to straighten my legs again. It took me longer to deplane and locate my passport than clearing Customs. Sweet!

The Paris Shuttle was smooth sailing - all is good, so far...until it's time to ascend the 4 flights of stairs with giant luggage and overstuffed carryon. Oh, did I mention the narrow spiral staircase? Awesome! And the lights are on a timer system so they keep turning off. LOL It took a few breathers in between flights, but eventually I got there. Once on the 4th floor I'm in search of the 'creamy metal box' where the key to my apartment is to be found. Of course this isn't going to be easy or obvious is it? Nope - after nearly disconnecting someone's electrical - wrong box - I discover, from the nice Sweedish boy who just moved in the building, that I'm in the wrong building! WTH?!

Yep, need to read directions a little closer - as my good friend Yuiry told me "Liz Brown, a colorblind person could read these directions". True, maybe it would be better if I were colorblind. So up another four flights of even NARROWER (seriously?!) steps I go. BTW, the 'creamy metal box' is the old fashioned, in the wall utility box - but viola! the key is there. Whew!

After wrestling with the lock - I'm in!

The apartment is quaint, a lot smaller than the pictures make it seem, but perfect for me. I arrive to a welcome note and a bottle of lovely Bordeaux - good call Yuiry!

No comments:

Post a Comment