Pont Neuf and Ile de la Cite

Friday, November 19, 2010

Blog disclaimer - on the eve of my departure - what? I leave tomorrow?!

I would like to take this opportunity to provide a quick disclaimer - I am not an English major, nor do I have command of the English language as well as some of my friends and colleagues. So, please bear with me, my grammar and punctuation as we venture down this Path O' Blog.

I know you'll be watching and correcting (even if in your head):
Barb
Lynne
Kristi G.
Mica (not technically an English major - but a fine wordsmith nonetheless)

I will NOT be trying out my French either - but why not point those who have command of the French language, certainly more than moi. :-)

John M.
Scott B.
Piero (not fair you know Italian, Sicilian, Spanish AND French! Phooey!)

Anyone else??? Bueller??? Please feel free to speak up or forever hold your peace.

I'm jealous of you French speakers (not so much of you English majors LOL). However, I'm armed with my Rick Steves' French Phrase Book & Dictionary. I can actually here my friend Allen Orso in Chicago bemoaning this fact. He's not a big Rick Steves' fan.

Until tomorrow, when I'm sure to be running around crazy mad! I have a 9:00 a.m. mani / pedi scheduled. A girl's gotta have nice fingers and toes on vacation. Then I'll continue to run around doing last minute, unnecessary things that somehow will make me feel more prepared - but are really unnecessary.

Stay tuned.

PS - It's now 2:00 a.m.!!! I'm off to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh by the way - I leave TODAY!!! Ahhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAH!! There is nothing wrong with English teachers, how else do you know you are wrong unless someone tells you???

    Just teasing you! And, nice pic BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you there yet? Are you there yet? :)

    ReplyDelete